Sunday, December 06, 2009

Champ Dog


Technically, Champ wasn't my dog. However, he was very special to me. We lived together for awhile and everytime I returned, he would only sleep with me. That was no easy thing. He weighed around 100 lbs and somehow managed to take up the entire bed. Champ always thought he was a lap dog. He would climb on the couch and plop down on my lap. Speaking of the couch, if you were sitting in a place that he wanted he would stare you down until you moved. We always joked that he had holes in his mouth because when he ate there was a steady trail of food that followed him.
I loved Champ so much, like he was my dog. When I learned this afternoon that he passed away last night I was in shock. This was very unexpected and happened so quickly. I have cried a lot and I'm sure there's more tears to be shed. He was amazing and I miss him so much already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHAMP DOG!!! What a cute picture:) I'm sure he will be greatly missed...love, shanna

Tracy said...

OH no! What happened? I am so sorry!

Beth said...

So sad! Pets are like family members with 4 legs... hugs to you.

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry...

I remember when my dog passed away my senior year of college, I didn't sleep for days. I cried so hard that my face hurt. It's tough...and the best thing you can do is just let it all out.

Take care - I'll be thinking about you...