Thursday, December 23, 2010


In my job I see many kids with health issues. Actually, these are usually my favorite kids. With a case load like that, however, it means hospitalizations. When these kidsa re in the hospital, I always try to visit them. The visit is just as much for the parents as for the child. The stress of a hospitalized child is huge, but around Christmas it's that much worse. I got a call from the parent of one of these kids today. Her child was admitted and it's looking like they will be there over Christmas. While this is hard on them, it's also really hard on her older sisters. So tonight I will be making another trip to Children's.
Each time I'm there it's a good reminder to me of why I do what I do. Kids are amazing, especially the ones with lots of odds stacked against them. They continue to inspire me more each day. As do their parents with their amazing strength and love.

No comments: