Monday, January 24, 2011

A HUGE Thank You!


A HUGE early intervention thank you goes out to Whole Foods Market Fresh Pond in Cambridge. Their PR person contacted me a few weeks ago about a possible donation. I had applied for a food donation with them last year for our family night. I managed to stay in contact with this person and was so excited to hear from her again. They had left over toys that they could no longer keep on their shelves and didn't have anything to do with them. So she thought of us. We're not talking any old toys here. WF only sells toys that are really great quality, usually wooden and organic cotton. I arrived last Friday to pick them up not having any idea what was being given. I was blown away when they rolled out a cart. The price tages are still on them and I just finished adding it all up....$568.00 worth! These will be raffled off to children in our program at family night this year.
If you are not a WF shopper, you should stop by sometime. This is just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to community support that they do. I LOVE them more and more all the time!

2 comments:

Monica Dorley said...

That is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me a loyal customer. Too bad there isn't one closer to where I live.

Beth said...

That is wonderful!!!!!!!