Sunday, May 06, 2012

Cradles to Crayons

Today I volunteered for the 2nd time at Cradles to Crayons. Cradles is one of the most amazing organizations that I have ever come in contact with. It started when one woman realized how many kids go without basic essentials like clothes, shoes, books, and even toys. Since the early 2000s it has grown to fill a 35,000 sq. ft. warehouse. Everything is donations. There are strollers, books, clothes, toys, blankets, bottles, shoes, etc. It is an overwhelming place to see. I am the Cradles contact person for my office and each month put in an order. The clinicians I work with fill out forms of what their clients need. I submit these orders online and within a week get word that the order is ready. While they can't always fulfill everything, they do a pretty awesome job. I always leave there with my car packed to capacity. They serve over 300,000 kids in Massachusetts each year. There is also a division in Philly. They rely on volunteers and have over 20,000 of them each year. I took a few pictures to show just how massive (and incredibly organized) this place is. It truly is a savior for so many of the families that we work with.

No comments: