Sunday, February 24, 2008

What is wrong with our society?


Take a look at the boy in the picture. He's just another sad example of disgusting hatred that infects our society. He was recently killed in his school in California. While sitting at a computer a classmate shot him in the head. What could he possible do that was so terrible to deserve death? He came out that he was gay. This was obviously too much for someone to handle. But why? Was this child, 15 when he was killed, hurting anyone? I doubt it. What business is it of anyone's. A person's own sexual orientation is their business. If they want to share it, fine. However, it still does not justify any mistreatment because of that. Everyone has opinions, fine. Keep them to yourself. People that are strait, gay, red, blue, and pokadotted are ALL PEOPLE. It blows my mind that anyone could hate someone based on such a superficial level. So sad. Here is the link to the article about this tragedy.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Haha...I didn't disappear, I'm just swamped with SOOOO much work! I'm sure you understand how that goes ;o) I have a 40 page project, exams, and accounting paper all due within the next week - ICK!

How's life treating you? Hope all is well! Hard to believe that the semester is over in 2 months...well almost ;o) Doing anything fun for spring break?
Me...I'm writing a paper, taking a law exam and doing a bunch of notation work on Sibelius for a professor. Sigh. But hey, I can go to the gym and do yoga every day!