Tuesday, April 06, 2010

tofu night

 

It may not be perfected, but my tofu is pretty spectacular. The key is that you have to toss it in a bowl or zip loc bag with corn starch and then put it in the skillet. That forms the "crust" that it has when ordered in a restaurant. Super yummy. This batch also has kale (something I'm newly addicted to thanks to my wife) and mushrooms. Oh how good it is in the belly! I can't wait for farmers' market season. I try to buy local when possible and it's so much easier in the summer. Many New England farms are organic or are but just can't afford the government label of organic. I try to eat organic as much as possible. Also, the utensils in the picture are sustanable bamboo. I am slowly starting to rid my kitchen of plastic and go to bamboo utensils for cooking. =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It looks good! I will have to try it...but Johnny doesn't like tofu.