Friday, October 05, 2007

Abbott




Abbott, my cat since third grade will be put to rest tomorrow. He has lived quite a life since coming home with us from the humane society. I have so many great memories of him. My favorites would have to be the times that he could get on top of the kitchen cabinets and scare the crap out of the cleaning lady. He was pretty spunky. Unfortunately in his later years he developed diabetes that kept getting worse. It is now to the point that it isn't fair for us to keep him going. This is for the best, but still very hard. These are the last pictures I got of him. They aren't the best, but they are still him. He loved the shower. Anytime it was on he would sit in front of it and wait for you to get out. Then he would jump in and lick up all the water. He was one crazy dude.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A moment of silence for Abbott during which we will remember the happiness he brought into peoples' lives.

Anonymous said...

I will miss you Abbott. Rest in Peace.

Beth

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry...losing an animal is never an easy thing. I spent a long time mourning my dog's death. And even to this day (5 years later), I remember the last time I saw her...she was looking sadly out the window at me. It still brings tears to my eyes.

Take care - I'll be thinking about you. Cry a lot and remember the good times.

Anonymous said...

Good bye Abbott, I will miss your loud meows. You were a very good cat..even if you were a little crazy.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry Michelle...

and sorry I missed your call the other day. Things have been really busy. I will give you a call very soon.