Thursday, October 18, 2007

A broken record...

I feel like I have said this a million times, but here I go. I am having problems with my car....AGAIN. Only 2 weeks ago did it refuse to start after every possible intervention and ended up getting a new timing belt at $330. Then there was the month or 2 before that with the new radiator. Then a year ago with the new transmistion. Sigh, I am getting a little sick of this and VERY POOR. I need my car to get to work and it's hard to get there when it doesn't start.
Since I am going to a conference this weekend in Connecticut I am forced to rent a car. Just what I wanted to do-spend more money! I am getting it fairly cheap since it is a weekend. I have a friend that lives close to the conference, so I am spending Friday night with her and escaping paying for a hotel. Whew! Thank you Alden!
I am looking forward to the conference. It is at Yale University and the topic is pain management through music therapy. What is extra cool is that the panel of presenters are doctors AND music therapists. Wow! We can work together! There is a really famous music therapist going to be there and I have read lots of her stuff. I'm pretty excited to meet her-yes, I'm a dork.
Anyway, that's what's going on with me.

While I am enjoying the conference my friend/Lars' mom will be taking her LMHC licensing exam. So........ GOOD LUCK LISA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the conference..it is always interesting to meet and talk with people in your field...sorry to hear about your car,,,,

Mama Lisa said...

Well, exam all done. We'll find out in six weeks or more how it went!

I wish we could get everywhere we need to go on trains & bikes & feet. And scooters.