Monday, September 03, 2007

A Sad Farewell...

Some of you may know that today was the end of an era. Boston's famous Filene's Basement in downtown crossing closed its doors. They will be remodeling for 2 years. This place is a great one to go and get super bargains. I will miss it dearly. My favorite was the extra markdowns. There were signs hanging with dates that showed which things were an extra percent off based on how long they had been in the store. In order to pay my respects, I have a song.

ODE TO FILENE'S (to the tune of Home on the Range)
Ode, Ode to Filene's
Where the shopping and deals were supreme
Guess corduroys for ten bucks
and for the bath rubber ducks
You could never go wrong at Filene's.

See you in 2009!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This really cracked me up...you can come and shop at the one here!