Sunday, April 27, 2008

Conference

Well, as it turned out I think that I got into this conference based on the fact that I was the ONLY MUSIC THERAPIST to apply. Even so, the last five days were totally worth it. I will even say they were worth the Boston parking fees and one ticket I got-thanks to the Red Sox day game. I met a lot of people....most noted a music therapist that is REALLY well known to the field. She has been around in music therapy for 30 years and it was such an honor to meet her and spend lots of individual time with her. She has extended the invitation for me to come to her center in NYC to do some observing and maybe even research help. She is also known by everyone else that is big in the field and having her as a contact might open some pretty major opportunities. It was also cool to see people's reactions to music therapy that hadn't ever heard of it. They were all completely impressed-as they should be-of what it can do.
So, if anyone has any questions on Parkinson's I am now the person to ask! (while I have no direct patient experience, I did sit through about 40 hours worth of training!)

No comments: